HOW TO USE DARK FLORALS IN INTERIOR SETTINGS?On July 24, 2021 by akshee
In all their woozy glory, floral motifs have always topped the list of prints that provide a refreshing escape anytime, any day. Cool, calm and collected as they are, you can play around with them as much as you like and create a tranquil oasis of your own that allows you to take a breather.
And when your house is awash with dark florals, it’s sure to turn heads and catch eyes! While these dark florals can be used to spruce up your interiors in multiple ways, we’ve rounded up a few here:
- Wallpaper : While on one hand, small floral prints contribute to a vintage look, a wall with large, bold blossoms adds an irresistible oomph to the interiors. What’s more, using colour-blocked furniture against the wallpaper ensures that the look isn’t overpowering!
- Soft furnishings : Incorporating floral themes in soft furnishings is without a doubt the most suitable alternative to balance out rigid room interiors and lend a playful vibe to an otherwise mundane room!
- Upholstery : A dark, floral upholstery is all that you need to infuse your pillows and seating with the spirit of paradise. Amp up a simple chair or sofa by upholstering it and help it gain a second life!
- Floral curtains and blinds : To add an edge to a wall covered with windows and glass doors, use curtains with floral print and blinds that mimic the wallpaper.
- Floral bedsheets : Choose a softly printed bedsheet that doesn’t draws too much eye and at the same time provides texture to a neutral toned bedroom.
- Floral rug : You could pair up the floral upholstery with a floral-patterned rug to create a cosy corner.
Here are some tips for incorporating floral patterns in a way that livens up your interiors in the best way possible!
- Choose a neutral background – Floral prints may often seem overpowering and become the focal point of an interior setting, hence it’s important to balance your interiors them by using neutral colours in the backdrop. While choosing a muted floral pattern with large flowers in dark shades, a soft background must be your go-to.
- Pair with Geometrics – While florals are soft and abstract, geometrics lend a bold touch. Hence, the two make for a classy amalgamation when teamed up in equal measure. Using these two patterns together is a great way to add depth and colour to your space while also infusing it with some liveliness and adding drama to an otherwise neutral space.
- Add floral silhouettes – For a hassle-free look, opt for floral silhouette patterns. Subtle inclusion of blooms in silhouette is sure to lend a modern sleek look to the entire space.
- Add drama to your room with dark floral upholstery – A simple yet dynamic way to add some drama to your interiors is to upholster your chairs and cushions with fabric that’s peppered with dark florals. Place them against a light-toned background and make a bold statement effortlessly.
Add buckets of blooms and adorn your space like never before with our twilight collection. Like the soft glowing light that adorns the mysterious night sky, let this collection draw you into its cocooning embrace!
Shop our collection here: